This is a really easy, delicious, speedy and cheap evening meal. It’s got a good depth of flavour despite the fast cooking time. This recipe serves 4 adults.
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large red onion, sliced
• 1 garlic clove, sliced
• 1 tbsp harissa paste
• 400 g can chopped tomatoes
• ½ tsp caster sugar
• 1 tsp red wine vinegar
• 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 200 g raw peeled king prawns
• A handful of chopped fresh coriander
• A good squeeze of lime juice
1. Heat olive oil in a pan over a low heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and 1 tbsp harissa paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, sugar and vinegar; season and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the chickpeas. Simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are pink.
3. Stir in a handful chopped fresh coriander and a good squeeze of lime juice and serve with lime wedges, rice and flatbreads.