1. FIRST THINGS FIRST, YOUR HOME NEEDS TO BE AIRED OUT & DUSTED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM
Open up all the windows (if you have small children make sure screens are securely in place!) and begin dusting from top to bottom. That means, grab a ladder and dust all your ceiling fans, door frames etc. Remove all the curtains and dust the rods. Let all the dust settle and move to the mid- height items like your tables and chairs. Dust those well and then grab your vacuum (emptied first for maximum suction) to suck up all the dust.
2. NOW THAT YOUR HOME IS CLEAN, START ADDING A FEW NEW THINGS
Buy new drapes and bedspreads in complimentary colours. If the paint on your walls is light, try choosing darker coloured fabrics. If your walls are dark, go for lighter coloured fabrics. Be sure to choose designs that you feel best reflect the sunny spring mood that you’re in.
READ MORE: CHIC DECOR: Nadia Ali shows creative ways to decorate your home using fabrics.
3. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A NEW LAMP TO BRING OUT THE SPARKLE OF YOUR SPACE
There are several inexpensive stores that sell beautiful floor lamps. Again, pick the one that best fits your mood.
4. CANDLES & POTPOURRI ARE ESSENTIALS FOR RELAXATION IN ANY ROOM
Just be sure never to leave burning candles unattended. Stick with candles and potpourri that have light and airy fragrances – no need to overwhelm your senses with strong scents.
5. THE EASIEST WAY TO BRIGHTEN YOUR HOME THIS SPRING…
…is to turn on your CD player and let the beauty of the Holy Qur’an fill your home ad your senses! There are innumerable CD sets on the market featuring the complete recitation of the Holy Quran in Arabic.