• 1 soft, mature avocado
Remove the peel and pit from the avocado. In a bowl, mash up very well. Apply all over face and neck and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Your skin should feel very soft after this quick and natural application.
Note: for dry skin, add a bit of olive oil to the mashed avocado.
APRICOT FACE MASK
Save the pits from this recipe for other great homemade skincare products (see ‘Quick Tips’ at the end of this article).
• 3 small apricots, pits removed
• 3 tbs plain, whole milk yogurt
Blend ingredients in a food processor. Apply all over face and neck, except for eye area. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse with cool water.
Perfect for dry skin, this facial will smell delicious before you even put it on your face. The combination of honey and bananas are enough to moisturise your skin for days; the oatmeal will take off dead skin – what a great combination!
• ½ banana, mashed
• 1 tbs thick, dark honey
• 1 egg yolk
• ½ cup oatmeal, cooked in milk and cooled
Mix all ingredients and mash into a paste. Apply and leave on your face for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
• Add fresh flowers to your favorite moisturisers for their natural fresh scent.
• Save the pits of fruits like avocados and apricots. They can be dried then ground up and added to your favorite creams and used as an exfoliating scrub.
• Keep small containers of your favorite oils with your beauty supplies. Not only will you be more likely to use them, it will, insha Allah, also help you to remember to use those instead of the pricey store-bought products.
• If you make any of these or other homemade skincare products and benefit from them, remember to make more as gifts for the other women in your life.