This triple chocolate cookie dough works best in a skillet/cast iron pan, making it a unique one-pan cookie, but is also so delicious and a real crowd pleaser. It looks good too! It is perfect for that day off from healthy eating that some of us eagerly anticipate all week. The ‘cookie’ turns out crisp at the edges, and soft and chewy in the middle.
In my opinion, a cast iron pan is something every kitchen should have. I have only had mine a short time but i use it a lot for both sweet and savoury dishes. They are relatively inexpensive and have some health benefits from cooking in the iron.
It takes less than five minutes to put this cookie dough together. It is literally a case of mixing the ingredients together, dry first and then wet. Sometimes, I just bung it all in the processor in one go and then put it into the oven. This is a super chocolatey cookie dough but you can cut the quantities down or add dried fruits or nuts in instead.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110g granulated sugar
- 160g light brown sugar
- 170g butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g white chocolate broken in pieces
- 110g dairy milk chocolate broken in pieces
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl.
- Then stir in the sugars, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Now add the butter, egg, and vanilla extract, stirring until combined.
- Finally, mix in the dairy milk and white chocolate pieces ensuring the chocolates are distributed throughout the dough.
- Spread the mixture into a 10 – 12 inch cast iron pan/skillet and top with dark chocolate chips.
- Bake until golden brown. This takes around 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with vanilla ice-cream.